Mobilise, inspire and connect to galvanise action for people and for planet
This training programme is designed to upskill and inspire the Youth4Climate delegation to convert their knowledge into activation by harnessing tools that are key to campaigning and communicating.
Through a series of focused insight sessions – ranging from ‘top tip snapshots’, through to skill building deep dives, participants will equip themselves with approaches, ideas and examples of ways in which they can take their knowledge to create a butterfly effect through activating their networks and communities to take action.
Planning your campaigns
Communications - expand the impact of your advocacy campaign through effective communications
Events - harnessing the power of (online) convening for greater impact
Creativity - inspiring communities to take action
At the end of the course, participants will be invited to apply their learnings and climate knowledge to join the Global Week of Action by developing their own activation to carry out during the Global Week of Action and registering it in the Global Week of Action activation map
- Length: 03:34 mins
PLANNING YOUR CAMPAIGNS
- Summary: An introduction to building the necessary key messages for your campaign. You'll learn what should be considered and receive some takeaways to take it further
- Facilitator: Martin Samaan, Lead for Communications, UN SDG Action Campaign
- Length: 5:41 mins
- Summary: In this introduction to successfully building out an advocacy campaign you will learn six simple steps that will help you with strategic planning, understanding your audience, messaging for impact, and capturing the zeitgeist to maximise behavioural change and political impact.
- Facilitator: Anand Kantaria, Deputy, Head of Advocacy, UN SDG Action Campaign
- Length: 10:53 mins
COMMUNICATIONS - EXPAND THE IMPACT OF YOUR ADVOCACY CAMPAIGN THROUGH EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATIONS
- Summary: With six components of a communication strategy, you will learn the optimal ways of how to execute excellent communications that resonate with your audience, send your messages, and as a result make the change.
- Facilitator: Zuha Al-hammadi, Communications Specialist, UN SDG Action Campaign
- Length: 11:07 mins
- Summary: Join this training to maximise the most effective form of communication!
Facilitator: Krisha Sia, Digital Content Consultant, UN SDG Action Campaign
Part 1: 0:43 - 04:59, Part 2: 5:00 – 15:00
Length: 10:41 mins
EVENTS - HARNESSING THE POWER OF (ONLINE) CONVENING FOR GREATER IMPACT
- Summary: Maximise the power of convening different stakeholders to elevate bold messages and ideas – join this training for some top tips on curating event formats for impact, a fantastic tool to mobilise action!
- Facilitator: Hannah Messenger, Global Event Strategist, UN SDG Action Campaign
- Part 1: 0:02 - 12:00, Part 2: 12:00 - 18:50, Part 3: 18:51 - 20:31
- Length: 20:36 mins
- Summary: Create an impact and achieve your intended outcomes when gathering your event community in an online format by reviewing some best practices for activating and engaging your attendees!
- Facilitator: Anna Jeffcoat, Digital Event Strategist, UN SDG Action Campaign
- Part 1: 4:07 - 9:19, Part 2: 9:20 - 12:43, Part 3: 12:44 - 14:02
- Length: 14:10 mins
CREATIVITY - INSPIRING COMMUNITIES TO TAKE ACTION
- Summary: Explore how working with creatives can transform any activation into an experience, be more impactful and amplify reach.
- Facilitator: Marta Rojas, Lead for Creative Partnerships, UN SDG Action Campaign
- Length: 12:25 mins
- Length: 1:56 mins