Welcome to our discussion on Action Track 2
Better consumption means healthier, safer, climate and nature-positive food consumption, while eliminating food waste. We must strengthen education and knowledge about food, promote healthy food consumption and explain its physical and mental benefits. We also must better support vulnerable and disadvantaged people and communities. And to ensure sustainable and healthy consumption, we need coordinated actions.
Look at some of the actionable solutions that the UNFSS Action Track process and youth have proposed.
- Fiscal policy measures to improve food environments including taxing unhealthy food
- Ensure every child receives healthy food at school and college
- Ensure a breastfeeding-friendly environment at the work-place and in community settings
- Ensure food is never wasted
- Ensure that advertising promotes healthy food and restricts junk food
- Government-led reformulation of packaged food products
- Incentivize food systems change towards equitable food marketing
- Introduce food-based dietary guidelines
- Promote plant-based diets
- Accelerating diversification of proteins
Find additional information in the UNFSS Community Platform.
After reading these propositions, let us know what you think, what you can do, and what support is needed to bring the changes you aspire to obtain! You can answer one or all the following questions, using any means you prefer – write a comment, share a picture, compose a song or a poem, or send us a short video: