Welcome to our discussion on Action Track 4
We need food systems that promote and advance decent and productive employment for all, that support entrepreneurship and address inequitable access to resources. Also, we need to strengthen the capacities of local communities, women, indigenous peoples, farmers, and other marginalized groups to have a greater role in shaping their own future of food. And to ensure food systems that promote employment for all, we need coordinated actions.
Look at some of the actionable solutions that the UNFSS Action Track process and youth have proposed.
- Mobilize civil society and supporting youth-led initiatives
- Attract youth to farming
- Empower women, smallholder farmers and youth through school-based agricultural education
- Empower youth as innovators and changemakers for sustainable food systems
- Support small projects/initiatives locally owned by youth
- Establish a catalytic SME financing facility to transform food systems
- Blended financing mechanism to small projects/initiatives locally owned by women and youth
Find additional information in the UNFSS Community Platform.
After reading these propositions, let us know what you think, what you can do, and what support is needed to bring the changes you aspire to obtain! You can answer one or all the following questions, using any means you prefer – write a comment, share a picture, compose a song or a poem, or send us a short video: