The following guiding questions are aligned to each of the three main Leadership Dialogues planned for the Stockholm+50 meeting and will be integrated into the overall consultation agenda and report. Please refer to the question number in your comment.
LD3: Accelerating the implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development in the context of the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development:
- What are the biggest challenges we are facing in implementing the commitments to the 2030 Agenda and other environmental commitments (MEAs)? How do we create an enabling environment for delivery on the ground?
- What are the good practices and pathways that you would like to see scaled up to accelerate the implementation of the environmental dimension of Sustainable Development in the context, of the Decade of Action?
- How to transform governance and legal systems that maintain long-term economic stability and ecological and social wellbeing for all?
- What measures are needed to align public, private and development finance with existing commitments and priorities?
- What type of partnerships from the UN and beyond are needed to accelerate a green and sustainable economic transformation that leaves no one behind?
- What capacities and technologies are needed to improve human wellbeing in harmony with nature? nature?
Hello! I’m excited to share some thoughts regarding ways we can accelerate the implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development in Jordan.
While different ministries have taken great steps forward to encourage the adoption of policies and regulation towards different SDG environmental goals, there is the occasional overlapping of related responsibilities in the environmental sector – and thus an overlapping of the subject matter legislated on and the subsequent institutional regulation produced – which creates institutional gaps. Thus, a possible solution could be introducing SDG focal points within different ministries to help coordinate ministerial plans.
To promote innovation and alternative methods of thinking, different members of the Jordanian community must foster creativity and a challenging mindset amongst the youth and up-and-coming academics. The GoJ may also create action plans set up for and with the specific intent of fostering and supporting new research avenues as science can drag along the correct and innovative policy solution.
Dear Ms Ola, Thank you so much for your input. Certainly, the overlap among ministries worth looking at, there is always a room for improvement of processes. The plans to advance the engagement of youth in science and innovation is a great idea too. Thank you.