The following guiding questions are aligned to each of the three main Leadership Dialogues planned for the Stockholm+50 meeting and will be integrated into the overall consultation agenda and report. Please refer to the question number in your comment.
- LD1: Reflecting on the urgent need for actions to achieve a healthy planet and prosperity of all:
- How can we restore and regenerate a positive relationship with nature? List 2 or 3 good practices and pathways that you would like to see scaled up to enable a move to a healthy planet?
- What are the actions that you (your group) would take to scale up the change towards a healthy planet? What policies/structures need to be in place for you to take such action?
- How could marginalised and vulnerable groups benefit from policies and initiatives designed to restore a more sustainable and resilient relationship with nature (that mitigates nature risks)?
- How can we safeguard the rights of people and nature, including among others, indigenous peoples and local communities, environmental defenders, women, youth, future generations?
- What are the new or prioritized set of metrics and indicators needed for tracking our progress towards a healthier and more prosperous planet?
1. We can start with baby steps to achieve the ultimate goal and restore our relationship with nature:
a. Enforcing a ban on single-use plastics.
b. Conserving our genetic resources and their associated traditional knowledge.
c. Going electric and reducing the use of fossil fuel.
2. I would try to reduce my carbon footprint and apply some greener actions while doing my daily things. I would also encourage my group to start somewhere, I believe realizing the issue is the first part of solving the problem.
Thank you for your contribution. Good ideas indeed..