Dear CODES Community
Our big moment on the international stage is approaching on 2 June when our Action Plan for a Sustainable Planet in the Digital Age is being launched at Stockholm +50. This milestone marks the culmination of our hard work over the last year and our deep commitment to collaboration and collective action across the community.
The influence that will be achieved by the CODES Action Plan will be directly proportional to the level of media coverage, social media engagement and global reach that we can collectively generate. We therefore need to activate the power and the passion of the full CODES community to support the launch through every channel, network and means possible.
This discussion forum will therefore focus on collecting ideas and commitments on what each of you can do to support the launch event and global dissemination of the CODES Action Plan. In particular, we are looking for specific commitments you can make to generate visibility and engagement from stories, articles, blogs, videos, podcasts, presentations, discussions, newsletter features, and more.
We need to focus our efforts within a few high priority groups that we are aiming to influence. These include:
- tech companies, including specific outreach to their coders, engineers and computer scientists
- private sector actors with sustainability and net zero commitments
- start-ups and SMEs working on sustainability innovations
- environmental scientists and NGOs
- academics and civil society groups working on digital governance
- donors and philanthropies funding digital transformation programs
- SDG and MEA processes adopting digital technologies to accelerate actions
- Stakeholders of the Roadmap for Digital Cooperation.
Let's use this discussion forum to both make individual commitments and to continue to brainstorm and build out the engagement strategy.
David - I'm certainly happy to support. Immediate things I could do ...
1. I can write, or indeed am happy to publish someone else's article - yourself? - on the https://corporatedigitalresponsibility.net site
2. I can promote a post on the global CDR LinkedIn Group
3. I would happily record a podcast & publish & promote this - currently midway through Season 4 of the New Digital Responsibility podcast - could be with yourself, or a couple of the global team
4. I will feature a link to the event itself on the front page of the CDR website
5. I will of course promote through social media anyway.
Happy to consider any other suggestions.
David, are you OK for me to use this linked graphic (I grabbed from twitter) on the website?
Rob Price yes - but we are going to post new ones today or tomorrow if you can wait....