Please find attached the outcome statement from the pre-AIDS 2022 East and Southern Africa regional youth consultation. UNDP participated in the consultation in partnership with The Global Network of Young People Living with HIV (Y+ Global), and Frontline AIDS.
The statement calls on governments, parliamentarians, intergovernmental agencies, civil society, academia, and private sector partners to ensure:
- Young people have access to a range of quality sexual and reproductive health and HIV services.
- Legal barriers to young people’s participation and access to services are removed.
- Communities uphold the rights of young people living with HIV and young key populations and counter stigma and discrimination.
- Young people are supported to participate in all aspects of decision-making ethically and meaningfully.
- Young migrant and cross-border communities are prioritized.
Read more here.
Please log in or sign up to comment.