Welcome to the Global Consultation on UNDP’s Offer on Risk-Informed Development.
The objective of the e-discussion/consultation is to gather inputs from our network of UNDP practitioners and beyond to shape and inform UNDP’s Comprehensive Offer on Risk-Informed Development (RID).
The consultation will capture the lessons learned from experiences with risk-informing development from the perspective of different practice areas, such as disaster risk reduction, recovery, climate change adaptation, conflict prevention, governance, health risk management, and other resilience building interventions. The discussion will also garner future thinking and horizon scanning on how risk-informed development can be best institutionalized within UNDP, what specific service offers we need, what internal and external partnerships will be necessary, and how we can mobilize resources for this work for UNDP. Importantly, the offer will inform this year’s UNDP strategic planning process.
Through the consultation we will ensure that the offer meets the demands of UNDP Country Offices wanting to support programme countries with risk informing their development policy, planning and budgeting. This consultation process is spearheaded by the Crisis Bureau’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Recovery for Building Resilience Team (DRT) in collaboration with the COP on Crisis Prevention and Resilience.
- UNDP practitioners and experts representing different COPs (e.g. working on climate change, disaster risk, conflict prevention, governance, PVE, health, environment)
- Key external partners (UN and beyond) who have knowledge and experience on risk-informed development (e.g. donors, UN partners, think thanks, academia, member states).
The consultation will happen over a period of 3 weeks and cover the following themes:
- Theme: Rationale & concepts - for the audience to express their views on the rationale, importance, definition and challenges for risk-informed development.
- Theme: Lessons learned & support needs - for the audience to share good examples (especially UNDP) of work on risk-informed development, key areas of support or services lines and specific approaches to risk informed development for UNDP.
- Theme: Opportunities - for the audience to share comparative advantages (especially UNDP) to support risk-informed development; resource mobilization opportunities for this area of work and possible partners, platforms/networks to increase the impact.
What will your inputs contribute to?
Your perspectives, insights and recommendations will:
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive UNDP Offer on Risk-Informed Development that spans different risk management practices, i.e. disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, conflict prevention, health risk, environmental risk, PVE, etc.
- Inform UNDP’s thinking on the future of development and the preparation of the new UNDP Strategic Plan (2022-2015).
- Strengthen cross-practice collaboration, including through global, regional and cross-regional exchange and learning.
How can you get involved?
- Actively participate in the online consultation by sharing your experience and providing links to relevant and more detailed material.
- Spread the word about this consultation with colleagues and invite partners to share their perspectives.
- Disaster Risk Reduction & Recovery for Building Resilience Team (DRT) in collaboration with the COP on Crisis Prevention & Resilience