Welcome to our discussion on Action Track 3
Producing food should not result in biodiversity loss, pollution, water use, greenhouse gas emissions and soil degradation. We need to safeguard and regenerate natural ecosystems, eliminate deforestation, and overfishing from food supply chains. Better food production should also include regenerative practices, sustainable livestock production; support and learn from traditional and indigenous knowledge in food production.
And to ensure food production that is nature positive, we need coordinated actions.
Look at some of the actionable solutions that the UNFSS Action Track process and youth have proposed.
- The right to a healthy and safe environment
- Adopt sustainable agricultural practices – a system of farming, fishing and grazing that seeks to rehabilitate and maintain terrestrial and aquatic agri-systems
- Stop deforestation and make livestock farming more sustainable
- Sustain and Expand Sustainable Resilient Blue Food Production Systems
- Urge governments to acknowledge that blue foods are a crucial part of our food systems
- Limit the use of single-use plastics in food and drink packaging, and regulate recycling measures to reduce harmful effects on the environment
Find additional information in the UNFSS Community Platform.
After reading these propositions, let us know what you think, what you can do, and what support is needed to bring the changes you aspire to obtain! You can answer one or all the following questions, using any means you prefer – write a comment, share a picture, compose a song or a poem, or send us a short video: