Channelling REDD+ incentives to the ground:
Innovative approaches to enhance delivery and inclusion
UNDP is assisting several countries in implementing performance-based climate finance for their forest results (REDD+). Concrete cases from Brazil, Costa Rica, Indonesia, and Ecuador will be presented, explained by their actors.
This is part of our Learning Pathway on the implementation of UNDP's Performance Based Payments Policy: A Paradigm shift to accelerate a Green Recovery where you will find more resources and can post your questions
Monday 14 November 2022
⏱️ 7:30-9:00 am New York | 3:30-5:00 pm Addis Ababa/ Istanbul | 7:30-9:00 pm Bangkok
This 90-minute interactive session is open to the public. The presentation will be recorded and shared on SparkBlue.
?️ Simultaneous interpretation (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Bahasa-Indonesia) will be provided via zoom
- First-hand experiences from Brazil, Costa Rica, Indonesia, and Ecuador.
- About a new UNDP performance-based payment scheme, which enables channeling high volumes of finance to the rural grassroots on the basis of environmental performance and compliance with social safeguards.
- Intro on REDD+ Results based payments
- PART 1: Innovative approaches to deliver REDD+ finance: Perspectives from the Government Institutions that implement REDD+ RBPs
- PART 2: Promoting inclusion through social safeguards: considerations around IPLCs, FPIC, participatory approaches, and gender.
- Q/A and wrap up