During the first in-person consultations, participants have discussed on the 'Nature Based Solutions", MEAs and national policies and laws, and youth engagement during the first day. Following presentations of papers, the following questions were posed for one breakout session.
Key questions for discussion…
- What needs to be done at national level to achieve sustainable landscape/forest restoration and management?-scaling up and out best practices
- What is expected from the global community to accelerate Ethiopia’s efforts to achieve the Paris Agreement, Bonn Challenge, and New York Declaration, where landscape/forest management play the lion share-scaling up and out best practices?
- How to enhance the implementation of NBSAP to halt Biodiversity loss and ecosystem degradation?
- What diverse approaches do we have to fund biodiversity conservation?
- What will be nationally effective monitoring & evaluation means of Biodiversity conservation?
- What are strategies to link Biodiversity conservation & climate change impacts?