We are excited to invite you to the launch of UNDP’s new Digital Health for Development Hub on Wednesday 26 July (07:00 Panama | 08:00 New York | 15:00 Amman/Istanbul/Nairobi | 19:00 Bangkok).
Digital health has immense potential to transform health care delivery, improve health and development outcomes, and advance health equity. Use of digital technologies in health is critical for progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially SDG 3 on healthy lives and well-being for all, and the pledge to leave no one behind.
The Digital Health for Development Hub serves as a centre for technical and advisory support, to identify, adapt and scale up transformative digital health solutions. The Hub will promote digital platforms and services that are people-centred by design, protect human rights and advocate for inclusive and gender-sensitive approaches. The aim is to enhance UNDP’s collaboration with countries, communities and partners to implement evidence- and rights-based digital health solutions that contribute to building resilient and sustainable health systems and advancing health equity.
In this 90-minute session, we will introduce the Hub and host a panel discussion to explore the role of digital solutions in improving health and development outcomes, and the ethical and human rights considerations of using digital technologies in health.
- Mandeep Dhaliwal, Director, HIV and Health Group, UNDP
- Francine Pickup, Deputy Assistant Administrator and Deputy Director, Bureau for Policy and Programme Support, UNDP
Introducing UNDP’s Digital Health for Development Hub
- Manish Pant, Policy Specialist Digital Health, HIV and Health Group, UNDP
- Agus Rachmanto, Deputy Chief, Digital Transformation Office, Ministry of Health, Indonesia
- Nomtika Mjwana, Digital Health and Rights Specialist, Global Network of People Living with HIV
- Kamil Kamaluddeen, Resident Representative, UNDP Chad
- Sara (Meg) Davis, Professor, Digital Health and Rights, University of Warwick
- Verónica Simán, Deputy Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean, UNFPA
Interpretation will be available in English, French and Spanish.
This event is being organized with the UNDP HIV and Health Community of Practice. For more information on the Hub, visit https://www.sparkblue.org/dashboard/digital-health-development-hub.
If you have questions, contact Manish Pant (firstname.lastname@example.org), with copy to Leslie Ong (email@example.com) and Ian Mungall (firstname.lastname@example.org).