The current changes in the planet's climate are transforming our world. An understanding of the climate emergency and its future implications is imperative for the future of Europe. With the aim of empowering people to a human-centred, sustainable and more prosperous digital future , CONNECT University is organising from 21 June until 2 July a special sixth edition of Summer School that aims to share knowledge and information about the way climate change is interconnected with digital transformation.
High-level experts coming from the EU Institutions, industry, academia will present cutting-edge innovations addressing how can digital technologies be harnessed to tackle climate change, both in terms of a greener digital system, as well as their role in helping reducing carbon emissions across industries.
The programme will explore the way digital technologies such as Artificial Intelligence or High Performance Computing can be applied to address major societal challenges, bringing innovative solutions to address the challenge of climate. In addition, we will discuss about the way digital infrastructures and technologies themselves will have to become more sustainable and energy and resource efficient. In a broader perspective, the economic, social and environmental issues will be tackled for further strengthening the policy responses.
CONNECT University is committed to equipping the society with the awareness and skills needed for the digital world. It is up to us all what type of world we want to create for our future and for the future of our children. Join CONNECT University Summer School 2021 on Digital for our planet and be a part of shaping a greener world.
As usual, in order to recognise the investment made by participants in attending the events, CONNECT University diplomas will be given if more than 7 sessions are followed.
The first week
- Day I: 21.06.2021
- 10:00-12:00 Introductory session: A European perspective on the role of digital in accelerating the transition to a green economy
- 14:00-16:00 Session 1: Green Deal and data strategy
- Day II 22.06.2021
- 10:00-12:00 Session 2: Artificial Intelligence for the Earth
- 14:00-16:00 Session 3: High-performance computing and digital twins for climate action
- Day III 23.06.2021
- 10:00-12:00 Session 4: Energy consumption of data centres
- 14:00-16:00 Session 5: Minimising eWaste: Circular electronics
- Day IV 24.06.2021
- 10:00-12:00 Session 6: Assessing the net climate impact of digitalisation
- 14:00-16:30 Session 7: The way IoT helps to reach the Sustainable Development Goals
- Day V 25.06.2021
- 10:00-12:00 Session 8: Quantifying the contribution of 5G to sustainability
The second week
- Day VI 28.06.2021
- 10:00-12:00 Session 9:Tackling climate change with blockchain
- 14:00-16:00 Session 10: Digital for circular economy and zero pollution
- Day VII 29.06.2021
- 14:00-16:00 Session 11: E-mobility for sustainability and competitiveness
- Day VIII 30.06.2021
- 10:00-12:00 Session 12: Handling climate disinformation
- 14:00-16:00 Session 13: Engaging citizens in green digital and fair transition
- Day IX 01.07.2021
- 10:00-12:00 Session 14: EU Copernicus programme: acting on climate change
- 14:00-16:00 Session 15: Digital solutions for climate change mitigation and adaptation of cities and communities
- Day X 02.07.2021
- 10:00-12:00 Session 16: Our planet, our future: children and teenagers fighting the crisis
- 12:30-14:00 Closing speech: the state of the climate and why we should act now