The 4th Saving Lives Sustainably: Sustainable Production in the Health Sector Global Forum 2021 is taking place on 17-18 November 2021, under the theme, “Strengthening Sustainability in the Health Sector Supply Chains in the midst of COVID-19.”
The Global Forum 2021 will cover a range of topics on environmental and social sustainability in the production, supply, and procurement of health commodities, delivery of health care services, and management of associated waste, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each session of the Forum will be devoted to specific themes, including:
- Sustainable procurement and response to COVID-19 pandemic including reducing GHG emissions and resource efficiency
- Health systems and the decarbonization agenda
- Development and deployment of sustainable health infrastructure and innovative digital solutions
- Greening and sustaining waste management practices
- Chemicals of concern and equipment/devices substitution
- Gender, women, and youth engagement, human and labour rights
- Business integrity and transparency for ethical health supply chains
- Equity and leaving no one behind
The Forum will host some of the world’s most eminent thinkers, practitioners, and organisations who will inspire and open discussion on sustainable production, procurement, and supply in global health.
Among the speakers are:
- H.E. Ms. Helena Storm, Swedish Ambassador to the Government of Colombia
- Dr. Mandeep Dhaliwal, Director, HIV, Health and Development, UNDP
- Gary Cohen, Founder and President, Health Care Without Harm
- Germán Dario Soto Naranjo, Administrative Director, Fundacion Valle del Lili, Colombia
- Dr. Rosemary Kumwenda, Team Leader, HIV, Health and Development, UNDP Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- Susan Wilburn, International Sustainability Director, Health Care Without Harm
- Lin Roger Li, Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing, Sourcing and Supply Chain Department, The Global Fund
- Dr. Done Yalcin, Managing Partner, CMS Global Turkey
- Dr. Fiona Adshead, Chair, Sustainable Healthcare Coalition
- Thomas Møller, Project Manager, Central Denmark Region
- Mariano DeDonatis, International Managing Director, Health Care Without Harm
- Sonia Roschnik, International Climate Policy Director, Health Care Without Harm
- Dr. Kristian Steele, Associate, Advanced Technology and Research, Arup
The event is an opportunity for suppliers, manufacturers, policymakers, technical experts, academia, civil society organizations, and others active in the health sector to explore the front-running sustainable consumption and production patterns and the latest innovations in the context of COVID-19 and beyond.
More information about the programme, speakers, and registration is available here.