Learn more about this course on this hyperlink.
Building on the repositioning of the UN development system, the Decade of Action and the imperative for sustainable societal transformation in light of a world faced by a highly volatile context, this executive five-day programme will strengthen the skills and capabilities required for UN leaders to drive the nationally owned 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The course focuses on the areas of integrated policy support, systems-thinking, strategic communications, and collaborative and adaptive leadership. An exclusive feature of the programme is a site visit, demonstrating the real-life interconnectedness of the 5Ps—people, planet, prosperity, partnership, and peace. In addition, UN leaders will receive a high impact professional and personalized media training as part of the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will have:
- Strengthened their knowledge of the vision and principles underlying the 2030 Agenda as well as approaches for its implementation;
- Gained a deeper understanding of the repositioning process of the UN development system and the implications for UN agencies and Resident Coordinator offices at the country level;
- Gained a deeper understanding of integrated approaches to sustainable development and systems thinking;
- Improved their understanding of the defining characteristics of UN leadership and the related ways of working;
- Acquired knowledge of mechanisms and tools that enhance UNCTs' integrated policy support to countries;
- Honed their ability to apply the art of effective and strategic communication to improve the quality of dialogue with partners and stakeholders, increase advocacy and highlight results.
UN Resident Coordinators (RC) and RC Candidates, Country Directors and representatives of UN agencies, funds, and programmes
Cost of participation
The course fee of $5,500 covers the following:
- Five days of training, including coffee breaks, as well as an evening reception
- A full day professional media training to foster competencies to handle various kinds of interviews and press conferences effectively.
- Exclusive access to UNSSC's online social learning environment with training and supporting background materials, and the opportunity to stay connected with colleagues.
- All course materials, resources and contacts.
Participants are expected to cover all travel and lodging costs related to their attendance in the course.