Learn more about this course on this hyperlink.
10 OCT 2022 - 14 OCT 2022
Building on the repositioning process of the UN development system, the Decade of Action and the imperative for sustainable societal transformation in light of the post-Covid efforts to build back better, this executive five-day programme will strengthen skills and capabilities required for UN leaders to drive the nationally owned 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The course focuses on the areas of integrated policy support, systems thinking, strategic communications, and collaborative and agile leadership. An exclusive feature of the programme is a site visit, demonstrating the real-life interconnectedness of the 5Ps—people, planet, prosperity, partnership, and peace. In addition, UN leaders will receive a high-impact professional and personalized media training as part of the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Have strengthened their knowledge of the vision and principles underlying the 2030 Agenda as well as approaches to its implementation through practical means and mechanisms to sustainable development;
- Have gained a deeper understanding of the repositioning process of the UN development system and the implications for UN agencies and Resident Coordinator Offices at country level;
- Have gained a deeper understanding of integrated approaches to sustainable development and systems thinking, in the context of building back better post-Covid 19;
- Have improved their understanding of the defining characteristics of UN leadership and the various ways of working that exemplify these leadership characteristics
- Have acquired knowledge of mechanisms and tools that enhance UNCTs' integrated policy support to countries;
- Be ready to apply the art of effective and strategic communication to improve the quality of dialogue with partners and stakeholders, increase advocacy and highlight results.
UN Resident Coordinators (RC) and RC Candidates, Country Directors and representatives of UN agencies, funds, and programmes.
Cost of participation
The application deadline for the Leaders Programme is March 1, 2022. The course fee of $5,500 covers the following:
- Five days of training, including lunches, coffee breaks, as well as an evening reception;
- A full-day professional media training to foster competencies to handle various kinds of interviews and press conferences effectively.
- Exclusive access to UNSSC's online social learning environment with training and supporting background materials, and the opportunity to stay connected with colleagues.
- All course materials, resources and contacts.
Participants are expected to cover all travel and lodging costs related to their attendance in the course.